The event will be considering what the future holds for the towns located around the M60 motorway in Greater Manchester. That questions is particularly poignant this year given the upcoming Greater Manchester Mayoral election, and the proposed new Greater Manchester Spatial Framework which will guide development in the region until 2035.
In his capacity as a member of the Housing the Powerhouse campaign, Paul will be focusing on the importance of new housing development and the role it has to play in both enabling economic growth and helping address social inequality.
Other speakers at the event include:
- Councillor Richard Farnell, the leader of Rochdale Council and the lead member for Greater Manchester on planning and housing.
- Councillor Sean Anstee, the leader of Trafford Council and the Conservative Party candidate for Greater Manchester mayor.
- Caroline Simpson, the corporate director for place at Stockport Council.
- Emma Barton, assistant director for economy and regeneration at Wigan Council
- Bryn Cooke, head of strategic property partnerships and investment at Oldham Council
- Stephen Young, director of place, Bolton Council
- Philip Collins, Times Newspaper columnist.
Tickets are £50 + VAT and can be booked via the Place North West website.